Um neyðugt, kopiera linjuna niðanfyri og set í kagan
Jensia takkar fyri hjálpina
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dacJJGACzvM#action=share
Then answer these questions:
True or False? Justify your answer
1. The narrator and his brother had just bought a Ouija board
2. The narrator’s brother was willing to play with the board
3. The first time, the narrator’s brother moved the planchette.
Answer the following questions in your own words:
4. Why did they decide to play a second time?
5. What is the ideal environment for a Ouija board?
6. Why did the narrator leave the room?
7. Why did he run back to the room and what did he see?
8. Do you believe in ghosts? If not, how do you explain people’s claims to have seen them?
9. Have you experienced the feeling of déjà vu? How do you explain this strange feeling?
10. Telepathy is communication directly from one mind to another. Is it possible to communicate this way?
11. Sometimes, the police use psychics to help them. What do you think about this?
12, Do you believe in hypnosis? What happens when a person is hypnotized?
13. Can people predict the future? Have you ever had a feeling about the future that turned out to be true?
14. Have you ever visited a fortune teller?
15. What do you think about UFO sightings?
16. Are you a superstitious person? What things are you superstitious about?
Provide an appropriate sequencing word to fill in the gaps:
My friend and I visited Rome last summer. (1) ________, we flew from New York to Rome in first class. It was fantastic! (2) _________ we arrived in Rome, we (3) ______ went to the hotel and took a long nap. (4) ________, we went out to find a great restaurant for dinner. (5) ________, a scooter appeared out of nowhere and almost hit me! The rest of the trip had no surprises. (6) __________, we began to explore Rome. (7) ________ the afternoons, we visited ruins and museums. At night, we hit the clubs and wandered the streets. One night, (8) ________ I was getting some ice-cream, I saw an old friend from high school. Imagine that! (8) _________, we caught our flight back to New York. We were happy and ready to begin work again.
Multiple answers are possible for some gaps:
First of all / To start off with / Initially / To begin with
As soon as / When
Then / After that / Next
Suddenly / Unexpectedly
Then / After that / Next
while / as
Finally / In the end / Eventually
-Where is the river?
-How long is it?
-Does it run through several states?
-Where does it begin and where does it end?
-which sea or ocean does it run into?
-Does it pass by any towns and cities?
-What is life like along the river?
Does the river flood?
At the shopping center
It is Saturday morning. Mandy and Angela are in town with Mandy's mother.
Angela is staying with Mandy for the weekend, because her parents are away. They go to the supermarket to buy some groceries. While Mandy's mother is filling the trolley, the girls buy some sweets for the evening.